Wednesday 12 December 2012

A38 Dec 1st 2012

Off we go again. Another night at wild camping. Just an excuse to test out my new home made Led strip light conversion.

I had 3 strip lights all using about 20 watts each this was not good for battery life so I decided to try something else.
I didn't want to change the lights as I had fitted them in and the carpet on the walls was cut around them so I decided to modify the lights instead.
The back light I removed all the tubes completely and fitted 2 led strips in there place, this is now perfect and gives as much light as the original florescents did. I reused the existing switch so they looked unchanged, now they use less that half the power they did. Result..

The front lights I decided to leeve unmolested I kept the fluorescents as they did give a warmer feel to the van if I wanted them and just added 1 led strip in the middle with an extra switch to turn on and off.

Also,
   The heating on the van works a treat its 17 in and 1deg outside. Nice and cosy!  The view was nice too Sun morning

No comments:

Post a Comment