Saturday 16 November 2013

A chilly night in Devizes

Hay ho campers. Hope every body is ok today? I'm in Devizes camping and caravaning club site this weekend for a meet up with a friend and fellow YouTube bloke Rickvanman.
I left late on the Friday evening as I had to wait for my wife to  get home from work before I could leave. It was about 5.45 and I had a 2 hour drive to the site from where I lived, Rick had left earlier so was already there but I had a few miles to cover and it was mostly b roads with no steet lighting and I wasn't 100% of the way. I guess I should have checked the map first!
I decided I would use my sat nav so I plotted the coarce and off I went. Allong the way I remember chatting to somebody a few days earlier about Google maps and thinking was the navigation still in beta? so I thought I would give that a go to, I set it the same destination with the same perimeters and waited to see what would happen. The trip was going well, even though I did know where I was going as far as Bath. After Bath things started to get interesting, as one sat nav was contradicting another, I decided to go with my gut, rather large and oversized but it's usually set me in good stead, I had a quick look at the map and decided I would use that instead and I was rewarded for my forsight by getting to the site without any hickups so was pleased.
Luckelly the site office was still open and the wardens were waiting for me as the booking had been done by Rick and I wasn't sure they would be open at 7:30.
The night was cold it went down to freezing but as I had opted for electric hookup this weekend tthis was ok and I was nice and cosy with my little heater. I settled down to a few ciders and a DVD before ritiring to bed.
The following morning was frosty but the day did look like it was on the up and blue skies were looming.
see you in the next post.
Peace in every step. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment